Remember how we used to be part of the Pepsi Generation? We were young, energetic, adventurous.
Alas, now we’ve become the Ensure Generation. Chased with shots of Metamucil.
We are older. Gravity, the sun, and life have changed how we look. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still be attractive. And nothing, repeat nothing, can change how we feel about ourselves. Except us.
Which creates a choice. Consider yourself over the hill and washed up. Or see yourself as still active, interesting, and vital.
I’m gonna go with the latter.
Here’s a piece that can help anyone who’s looking to do the same. It’s from the woman-oriented site Your Tango, listing five things “eternally vibrant women” have in common. But guys, it’s universal. It works for anyone. You should check it out, too.
You’ll find more detail in the piece, but here’s a quick rundown on the suggestions:
- Have compassion for yourself. Capacities change over time, and it’s okay that your dreams have changed. Recognize what they are now, and be happy and proud as you strive to achieve them.
- Watch what you say to yourself, about yourself. We live in a youth-obsessed culture, and older people can be the worst ageists. Honor your life experience and wisdom — they are positives.
- Love your body. Sure, it’s not what it once was, but obsessing on the negatives can make them worse. Focus on what you can do; keep your body tuned up by working on your core and balance.
- Stay curious. You may know a lot already, but there’s always more to learn. Continue to expand your horizons.
- Maintain a fulfilling sex life. Develop your erotic intelligence by being inquisitive, and studying up. A whole new world is open For Divorced Over 50’s; new partners, no “old-fashioned morals,” no pregnancy worries. Go for it.
And here’s the kicker that makes the above mind-set a win-win: Following these suggestions will not only make you feel great about yourself, it’ll make you more attractive to people you encounter. You’ll be looking better, and putting out great positive energy, which can’t help but make you a magnet for others, whether you’re seeking friendship, romance, or both.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.67Was: $15.99
Price: Check on Amazon